Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to work closely with our Customer Success, Sales, and Finance teams by actively communicating with customers while resolving client issues related to billing and services at SevenRooms. You will also help to introduce new processes that make the Finance team more efficient and ensure that the team continues to scale effectively. This role is essential in advancing our mission to provide best-in-class customer support to our clients and helping SevenRooms grow overall Live & Paying ARR.
In this role, you will approach your work with empathy, integrity, and a desire for continuous growth – having a natural curiosity to understand the potential obstacles our clients might face and how we can remove them. Most importantly, you’ll be motivated by our clients’ and internal partners’ happiness; providing billing and business solutions to make their lives easier!
What You’ll Do
- Oversee collection efforts for our customers by working directly with Sales and Support Functions
- Build Process and Share Learnings: Analyze payment data related to contract structures, client types, and market regions. Document and share learnings with Finance, Sales and CS leadership to help influence contract terms, incentive structures, and processes to ensure best practices are followed to improve customer experience.
- Lead and improve upon the current process for reporting on Accounts Receivable operation metrics and ensuring Quality Assurance
- Client Accounts Receivable Support: Resolve customer queries via email and phone in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Sales Accounts Receivable Support: Work with our sales team to improve internal processes and transparency, including knowledge sharing about client communications and appropriate expectation setting. Serve as the connective tissue between the Sales and Finance Departments.
- Documentation: Document problem resolution steps across all clients.
- Prioritization: Identify, organize, and prioritize issues based on the severity of customer impact.
- Customer Advocate: Provide meaningful feedback from clients to our Customer Success, Finance and Product teams to improve workflows.
- Assist with our communications cadence for complex customer Accounts Receivable and Billing requests and inquiries
- Maintain and implement best-in-class practices to streamline processes, leverage systems, and identify further process automation opportunities
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in accounts receivable or billing support role, ideally B2B SaaS
- Familiarity with Zendesk, NetSuite, Salesforce, or similar support platforms.
- Proficiency with Excel and large-data analysis & reporting
- Proficiency with payment gateways integrated with ERP is a plus (we use Adyen)
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop concise and well-organized summaries of complex analyses
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and managing external partnerships
- Highly-collaborative, positive, go-getter attitude
- Detail-oriented with problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment; ability to juggle multiple questions, requests, and practicing excellent follow-through techniques
- A proactive team player who can also work autonomously
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You'll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect to be paid well for your contributions towards transforming the hospitality industry. We also offer equity for all employees as part of our commitment to everyone being an owner and working together to build an outstanding company.
- The salary range for this role is $85,000-$95,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, life insurance, and unique wellness offerings including One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie's Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You'll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you're a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly goals that not only benefit our organization but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK