Open Position / September 24, 2021
Backend Software Engineer, Marketing Automation
Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We're looking for experienced backend engineers for our Marketing Automation squad who are excited by the challenges of working at scale and thrive when solving complex technical problems – whether it’s scaling our API infrastructure, architecting massive processing pipelines, optimizing robust data models for our products, or creating new services we haven’t dreamed of yet. If you are passionate about building something truly differentiated in a high-growth environment, SevenRooms might be a great fit for you. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers, develop in our mobile and cloud technology stack via an agile software development process, and engineer real solutions that ship directly to our customers.
The 7R Engineering team is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, hackers, and builders that are on a global mission to fundamentally transform hospitality forever. Engineers at SevenRooms won’t get lost building a tiny component or button – expect to work on exciting epics and features that create a lasting impact on our business and the bottom-line of thousands of hospitality operators around the globe. We're passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for the tech-enabled hospitality venues of the future. We're not just building a portfolio of point solutions – we're building an intelligent and deeply integrated platform that delights our users with it's design-first philosophy and best-in-class capabilities. To do this, we develop performant and highly available APIs, implement advanced algorithms, craft pixel-perfect interfaces, design architecture for observability, localize for a global audience, use data science to generate high-impact insights, scale our infrastructure, and much, much more. If there is an engineering challenge you’ve ever wanted to take on, chances are it exists here.
Our engineering culture values technical excellence, ownership, and customer obsession to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant areas of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Reactjs, Redux, Typescript, Google Cloud, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Engineering: Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Product Focus: Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Project Management: Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality and deliverables; Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up and running
Who You Are
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent professional experience
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Python is required
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Salaries for our positions are based on market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot.
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
- Work from anywhere: We have employees located around the world. We recognize that flexibility has become an integral part of our work lives and allows us to bring our best selves to work. 7R employees can be 100% remote for approved work locations with established business operations.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK