Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
As our first ever Learning & Development Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and executing L&D programs that help our people unlock their full potential and ensure organizational success. This is a highly cross-functional and impactful role, with the opportunity to help us shape a lasting culture of learning at SevenRooms. This role will report to our Senior Manager, Talent Experience.
The Talent Experience (TEx) Team sits within the greater SevenRooms People function. We are passionate about seeing the world through the eyes of our employees, helping them stay connected, and fostering continuous growth through one-of-a-kind programs and initiatives. We are committed to creating a meaningful, welcoming, and safe environment for everyone.
What You’ll Do
Working closely with our Talent Experience and People Success Teams, you will need four key skills to be successful in this role: the ability to assess, design, develop and deliver magical learning moments.
- Assess: Engage with key stakeholders to identify learning & development needs for employees, managers and emerging & existing leaders. Conduct needs analysis, surface insights and make recommendations around training and appropriate channels (e.g. workshop, LMS, external vendor/partner etc.).
- Design: Design scalable global learning programs that foster meaningful professional development, individual and organizational effectiveness, and social connection. Ensure L&D initiatives are aligned to our culture, values, and company goals and objectives.
- Develop: Provide outstanding end-to-end project management and delivery of L&D programs and associated deliverables. This involves building authentic relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners/vendors, seeking out internal subject matter experts who can build and deliver trainings, managing multiple projects simultaneously, keeping teammates and managers informed and aligned on objectives, and resolving project issues.
- Deliver: Deliver and facilitate face-to-face and virtual trainings that enhance professional skills and career development. Measure training effectiveness and present analytics and insights that inform future programs. Continually assess, review and evolve existing programs as the business grows.
Who You Are
- Previous demonstrated success in a Learning & Development role, with experience in training design, development, delivery and facilitation
- Experience training employees in various learning environments, with a knack for conveying complex topics in simple, digestible, and inclusive ways
- Strong end-to-end program management experience; ability to multitask, work independently and cross-functionally, and manage several ongoing projects at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong technical skills (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets etc.) and knowledge of various LMS platforms
- You have a growth mindset and truly believe in continuous, lifelong learning
- You see the greatness in others, lead with curiosity and assume positive intent
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK