Open Position / July 19, 2021
Manager, Sales Development
SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business. Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
About The Role
We are looking for a Sales Development Manager to oversee the Sales Development team reporting into our VP, Marketing. Our Sales Development team is responsible for generating pipelines through outbound outreach, partnering closely with our Marketing and Sales organizations to engage, qualify, and close business. You will be directly responsible for building out the team and driving efficiency into their operating models. Your core KPIs will be the quantity and quality of sales opportunities delivered to Account Executives, as well as total influence on closed-won business.
What You’ll Do
- Management: Oversee a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs); hire, onboard, and coach SDRs to become high performers.
- Lead Generation: Own outbound lead generation and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel; predictably meet pipeline goals from inbound and outbound prospecting activities, including achieving monthly quotas for developed leads (aka: qualified meetings) and closed business.
- Client Engagement: Identify target customers for SevenRooms through email, phone, and social channels; ensure the team is maintaining active engagement through informed, creative follow-ups.
- Marketing: Work closely with Marketing to deliver proper messaging and identify the best targets to create an industry leading demand generation engine; think creatively about how SevenRooms’ products address market needs to generate interest and demand for our services.
- Reporting & Data Analysis: Own reporting for the SDR Team, driving and enhancing their performance by tracking relevant KPIs. Ensure a regular reporting cadence with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Partner with Account Executives to identify qualified accounts.
- Automation: Work with automation platforms such as Outreach.io and Salesforce, which play a crucial role in our data management and sales pipeline processes
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience working in SaaS, sales-related positions (startup environment is a plus)
- 2+ years of management experience – BDR and SDR teams
- You’re able to coach team members on how to engage potential customers over email, phone, and in person
- You’re clear, concise, and accurate in your communications
- You learn quickly and are excited by new technologies, quickly mapping them to business processes
- You have experience setting metrics for teams and holding them accountable for exceeding them
- You’re excited to be part of an innovative software startup changing the world of hospitality
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptive (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK