Open Position / June 2, 2023
People Success (HR) Generalist
The Team & Role
We are looking for a dynamic People Success (HR) Generalist to join our People Success Team. In this role, you will work closely with managers and employees to understand their needs, provide high touch business support and drive initiatives that set our Roomies up for success throughout their employee journey at SevenRooms. This is a unique, employee-facing and impactful role, with the ability to create change.
The People Success Team is a part of the SevenRooms People Team. Our mission is to enable Roomies to bring their best selves to work in order to do their best work. We take a holistic approach to understanding our organization’s needs and designing people-centric solutions that help our Roomies perform, learn and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strong relationships with employees, managers and leadership
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of all areas of the business, including core product knowledge
- Act as the main People Success point of contact for Roomies, championing employee needs and responding to or resolving inquiries
- Manage employee onboarding and off-boarding processes, in partnership with Talent Acquisition and People Ops Teams, to ensure a positive employee experience
- Set up and facilitate performance management cycles (Check-Ins, Mid-Year & Annual Review Cycles and additional feedback loops)
- Support performance improvement processes with People Success Team and HR Director (EMEA & APAC)
- Support employee & manager trainings and employee engagement workshops
- Create or assist with internal employee communications
- Create People Success dashboards, resources and reporting, and harness insights to drive business decisions
- Proactively make and implement recommendations that enhance People Success programs and offerings
- Collaborate with People Success Team and HR Director to guide managers and leaders on organizational design and succession planning
- Help manage accurate employee data across People Team systems (Lattice, BambooHR, etc.)
- Be the bridge from People Success Team to Talent Acquisition, People Operations and Talent Experience Teams to ensure we meet our People Team roadmap and overall business objectives, including working on cross-functional projects
Who You Are
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant People Operations/HR work experience
- Experience with People Team tech stack and Google Workspace systems
- Experience supporting a global talent population strongly preferred
- Relevant HR certifications and/or understanding of HR policies preferred
- Passion for people and developing authentic, meaningful connections
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to leverage data to tell a story and inform business decisions
- Creative, curious problem solver with a bias towards thoughtful action and achieving results
- Highly detail oriented with effective project management skills
- Collaborative team player, but also able to drive initiatives independently
- Ability to connect the dots, develop strong business acumen and establish trust at all levels
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $85,000-$95,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
*Please be aware that our team will ONLY reach out from email addresses ending in @sevenrooms.com (for example, [email protected] or [email protected]oms.com) and we will not use text messages for any initial outreach or interest on your application. In addition, SevenRooms will never ask for any financial commitment from an applicant as part of the recruitment process, and the first step of any SevenRooms interview process will be an initial phone or video interview conducted by one of our in-house recruiters. If you suspect any suspicious activity related to your application, please reach out to: [email protected].*
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M