Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms is looking for a Principal Engineer to help lead complex engineering efforts across horizontal and vertical parts of the platform stack. If you are passionate about building something truly differentiated in a high-growth environment, SevenRooms might be a great fit for you. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers, develop in our mobile and cloud technology stack via an agile software development process, and engineer real solutions that ship directly to our customers. This role is a senior level individual contributor role that provides both hands-on and leadership opportunities for our most strategic engineering projects; including, but not limited to platform engineering, developer tooling and experience, major architecture changes, and core product development. You will report to our Chief Technology Officer.
The 7R Engineering team is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, hackers, and builders that are on a global mission to fundamentally transform hospitality forever. Engineers at SevenRooms won't get lost building a tiny component or button – expect to work on exciting epics and features that create a lasting impact on our business and the bottom-line of thousands of hospitality operators around the globe. We're passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for the tech-enabled hospitality venues of the future. We're not just building a portfolio of point solutions – we're building an intelligent and deeply integrated platform that delights our users with its design-first philosophy and best-in-class capabilities. To do this, we develop performant and highly available APIs, implement advanced algorithms, craft pixel-perfect interfaces, design architecture for observability, localize for a global audience, use data science to generate high-impact insights, scale our infrastructure, and much, much more. If there is an engineering challenge you've ever wanted to take on, chances are it exists here.
Our engineering culture values technical excellence, ownership, and customer obsession to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant areas of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Reactjs, Redux, Typescript, Google Cloud, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, and more
What You'll Do
- Lead strategic engineering projects with a hands-on approach
- Solve complex engineering challenges on both vertical and horizontal parts of the SevenRooms technology stack
- Own and implement major architecture changes alongside other engineers
- Contribute to strategic core product development
- Be a role model and mentor to other senior engineers
Who You Are
- Expert programmer with strong coding skills and 10+ years of experience
- Accomplished architect with strong design skills, particularly in cloud-native systems
- Hands on knowledge of infosec concerns with app development and infrastructure
- Ability to ramp very quickly on complex engineering challenges
- Ability to lead technical roadmaps across multiple swimlanes and multiple development teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, including ICs and executives
- Advocate for strong engineering culture
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptiv (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Fair and equitable compensation: Salaries for our positions are based on market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $260,000 – $270,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
- Work from anywhere: We have employees located around the world. We recognize that flexibility has become an integral part of our work lives and allows us to bring our best selves to work. 7R employees can be 100% remote for approved work locations with established business operations.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK