Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms Engineering is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to support our rapid growth. You will work closely with our world-class team of engineers, product managers and designers, learning about our product, mobile and cloud technology stack, agile software development process, and testing real features that ship directly to our customers. We are a pragmatic team with a culture of shipping high-quality products that deliver value to the customer. We believe in using the right tools for the job and maintaining simplicity in our design.
The 7R Engineering team is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, hackers, and builders that are on a global mission to fundamentally transform hospitality forever. Engineers at SevenRooms won’t get lost building a tiny component or button – expect to work on exciting epics and features that create a lasting impact on our business and the bottom-line of thousands of hospitality operators around the globe. We're passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for the tech-enabled hospitality venues of the future. We're not just building a portfolio of point solutions – we're building an intelligent and deeply integrated platform that delights our users with it's design-first philosophy and best-in-class capabilities. To do this, we develop performant and highly available APIs, implement advanced algorithms, craft pixel-perfect interfaces, design architecture for observability, localize for a global audience, use data science to generate high-impact insights, scale our infrastructure, and much, much more. If there is an engineering challenge you’ve ever wanted to take on, chances are it exists here.
Our engineering culture values technical excellence, ownership, and customer obsession to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant areas of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Reactjs, Redux, Typescript, Google Cloud, Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin, and more
Our QA test tools includes: TestRail, BrowserStack, Cypress.io, Postman, Jira, and more
What You’ll Do
- Define, design, and implement test plans using TestRail QA software
- Perform manual testing of both web and mobile products
- Become a product expert on the SevenRooms platform
- Establish a culture of QA in every part of the product development process
- Work with engineers to resolve issues and bugs
- Attend and participate in daily dev/product standups
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
Who You Are
- Several years of relevant work experience (engineering, QA, test automation, etc)
- Professional experience testing cloud-based SaaS platforms
- Ability to run console scripts across various environments to facilitate test scenarios
- A meticulous approach to work
- Experience with agile / scrum development methodology
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities in English
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture
- A creative mindset – and the ability to approach a problem creatively
- Ability to identify strengths and weakness of systems through logic and reasoning
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK