Open Position / September 24, 2021
Senior Product Manager
Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
The Senior Product Manager will join a fast-paced Product team responsible for the definition and creation of innovative software products for our global customers and internal business stakeholders. Our Product Managers interact regularly with cross-functional teams, including engineering, user experience design, customer success, and finance. They also represent the voice of internal stakeholders to ensure we are also developing internal facing products and system integrations to meet their needs. This role will report into the VP of Product.
The 7R Product team is a group of collaborative, fun, smart, self-starters who love to build and are on a global mission to fundamentally transform hospitality forever. Product team members at SevenRooms can expect to build products that create a lasting impact on our business and the bottom-line of thousands of hospitality operators around the globe. We're passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for the tech-enabled hospitality venues of the future.
If you are passionate about building something truly differentiated in a high-growth environment, SevenRooms might be a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do
- Define business and product requirements
- Engage with product managers and business stakeholders driving a variety of business initiatives
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout SevenRooms to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the business
- Identify our customers' needs and opportunities through data analysis, interviews, and research through quantitative and qualitative methods
- Research and understand customer requirements, operational impacts and needs, competitive offerings, cases from Customer Support, and translate these into feature specs or product improvements
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Working with the other teams to ensure a high degree of consistency in how the company and the product are represented
- Function as the Product Owner for an Agile Scrum development team to define, deliver, build and iterate on capabilities
Who You Are
- 5+ years of product management experience preferably within Enterprise SaaS applications
- Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
- Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- A keen interest in technology and new technology trends
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution – can envision a different world and can articulate a clear path to get there
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to bring out this quality in others.
- Able to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrate tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results.
- Comfortable working with large, disparate data sets and web technologies
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptive (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
- Work from anywhere: We have employees located around the world. We recognize that flexibility has become an integral part of our work lives and allows us to bring our best selves to work. 7R employees can be 100% remote for approved work locations with established business operations.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK