Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
About The Role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to define, design, and implement automation testing for our client-facing products. You will work closely with our team of software engineers, product managers and designers, learning about our product, mobile and cloud technology stack, and agile software development process. This role is essential in the success of delivering high quality products to our clients across the hospitality industry as we continue to grow and scale. You will be joining an 8 person team and reporting directly to our Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Automation Testing: Define, design, and implement automation test cases using Cypress.io automation software.
- Manual Testing: Perform manual testing of both web and mobile products that ship directly to clients.
- Project Management: Focus on keeping our queue of product releases and bugs low, ensuring that we’re delivering updates to our clients in a timely manner.
- Product Knowledge: Become a product expert on the SevenRooms platform and other technologies used by the team. You’ll help to establish a culture of QA in every part of the product development process.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our engineers to resolve issues and bugs, test automation failures, environmental issues, and analyze test results; attend and participate in daily dev/product standups.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience working on QA automation
- Experience working with automated testing tools like Cypress.io, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman, and Swagger
- Experience with cloud-based platforms including GCP, AWS, Azure (or similar)
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; maintain a detailed, organized, and curious approach to your work
- Experience automating the testing of web apps and mobile apps at an API level, (REST and SOAP services)
- In-depth knowledge of QA concepts, test frameworks and automation tools
- Familiar with CI/CD Automation and capable of designing CI Automation as needed using Circle CI
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions that leverage current test suite platforms
- Help team achieve goal ofn improving the quality and reliability of our products
- Work with QA team to define the process and strategy associated with automation
- Comfortable working autonomously; knowing when to shift focus to high priority tasks
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK