Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
As our Senior Community Development Manager you will have ownership over the development and execution of our community development strategy. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing to build out a program and team that deeply embeds SevenRooms into the hospitality industry to drive greater brand awareness and positive sentiment.
The Brand Marketing team sits within the greater SevenRooms Marketing department, comprising three core functions: product marketing, demand generation and brand marketing. We are responsible for establishing SevenRooms as a leading hospitality platform globally, delivering high quality sales opportunities and supporting our customer journey’s from day one. We are owners and innovators with a focus on creating magical moments for hospitality operators, their guests, and our team.
What You’ll Do
- Understand and evolve SevenRooms’ industry participation and community development
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for SevenRooms’ ongoing community development, increasing our brand and community presence
- Manage all current and future association partnerships (e.g. NYCHA, RAMW)
- Build relationships with industry peers to understand brand perception
- Develop ideas and strategies on how SevenRooms can get more involved/further support the industry
- Maintain a constant feedback loop with the broader hospitality industry and adjacent communities
- Conduct ongoing research on current and future industry opportunities
- Work closing with Director, Brand Marketing to organically weave community engagement initiatives into existing event and brand calendar throughout the year
- Work cross-functionally to identify internal stakeholders to further SevenRooms’ community outreach and engagement
- Provide community feedback to key stakeholders, including the Marketing and Leadership teams
- Find new marketing and outreach opportunities to further SevenRooms’ brand externally
- Expand SevenRooms’ active participation in new ways within the hospitality industry
- Create new opportunities for SevenRooms to drive word of mouth and create a network effect in core cities
- Act as a brand ambassador of SevenRooms to support potential introductions, connections and new business opportunities
- Support organic referrals and new business opportunities
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience in a B2B or B2C community engagement, community building; hospitality industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; experience presenting to executive leadership teams and working cross-functionally
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategically-inclined with a solution-oriented, growth mindset
- Passionate about the hospitality industry
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK