Open Position / July 11, 2021
Technical Product Manager
SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business. Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
About The Role
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to define business and technical requirements for innovative software products used by our global customers and internal business stakeholders. You will interact regularly with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, User Experience Design, Customer Success, and Finance. This role is essential in the success of representing the voice of internal and external stakeholders – ensuring we are developing products and system integrations to meet their needs.
What You’ll Do
- Product Management: Function as the Product Owner for an Agile Scrum development team to define, deliver, build and iterate on capabilities; identify our customers' needs and opportunities through data analysis, interviews, and research through quantitative and qualitative methods. Primary owner of backlog prioritization.
- Collaboration: Engage with product managers and business stakeholders driving a variety of business initiatives; lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results.
- Customer Research: Research and understand customer requirements, operational impacts and needs, competitive offerings, cases from Customer Support, and translate these into feature specs or product improvements.
- Data Analysis: Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the business.
- Project Management: Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Integrations and Data: Create and architect connectivity between internal and external platforms such as partner APIs, POS systems, Payment gateways, SMS and Messaging APIs, Salesforce, Totango, and more. Define data models that facilitate the orchestration of data between systems.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of product management experience preferably within Enterprise SaaS applications
- Experienced working with large scale APIs and/or service-oriented architectures as a Product Manager or Developer
- You have a genuine interest in technology and new industry trends
- You can dig deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Familiar with balancing multiple projects at once while adhering to deadlines; able to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Comfortable working with large, disparate data sets and web technologies
- You’re able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
- Strong interpersonal skills; adapts well to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptive (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK