Open Position / June 2, 2023
Workplace Experience Specialist
The Team & Role
The Workplace Experience Specialist is an onsite role that will help to create new and meaningful workplace experiences in our New York HQ, as well as virtual programs for our distributed team. You are a people-person, who enjoys undertaking workplace related projects and solving unique problems. You think on your feet, pride yourself on attention to detail and genuinely care about creating personal, meaningful employee experiences.
This role is comparable to the host at a restaurant or an enthusiastic hotel concierge – its purpose is to provide an enjoyable working environment that fosters community, inclusion, and exceptional moments for our team. The Workplace Experience Specialist will be required to be onsite in our New York City office, 5 days a week.
The Talent Experience (TEx) Team sits within the greater SevenRooms People function. We are passionate about seeing the world through the eyes of our employees, helping them stay connected, and fostering continuous growth through one-of-a-kind programs and initiatives. We are committed to creating a meaningful, welcoming, and safe environment for everyone.
What You’ll Do
- Workplace Facilities Management – Be the heart of the office experience, truly aiming to create great days for all who enter the SevenRooms offices. Serve as the local NYC liaison to our employees, and both track and respond to Roomie questions & requests. Own the condition of the New York office at all times, making sure it is tidy, stocked with supplies (and coffee & snacks!), presentable, and a welcoming space. Ensure a consistent and friendly experience for anyone coming into the office. Act as a point-of-contact for new hires in New York City and any visiting employees. Own and manage vendor services and relationships, including WeWork partnerships in London, Sydney, and other hubs. Support a seamless move as we transition into a new permanent office space – this includes removing items from storage, designing the new space, and setting up the office as SevenRooms’ new permanent home in New York City.
- Build Community Through Events – Connect our team through magical events that are unique to 7Roomies and the hospitality industry. Host meet & greets, hack-a-thons, guest speakers, team lunches, and other meaningful events. Plan and host annual company holiday party, monthly and quarterly meetups, and local events where 7R has employee hubs (NYC/California/EMEA/APAC/etc). Explore what could be possible for our employees to have shared experiences while volunteering, whether it is individual or team based initiatives in local communities where we have customers, partners, and employees.
- Project Management – Coordinate execution of SevenRooms rewards programs, including purchasing and delivery of employee gifts (for new hires, anniversaries, and other celebrations). Assist with ensuring the successful delivery of the SevenRooms Anniversary program. Conduct research as requested to aid in People projects preparation. Assists with the creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents as needed.
Who You Are
- You have a “hospitality first” mindset and professional demeanor (you know that a warm welcome is the only way to greet guests!)
- You genuinely care about creating spaces where people love to work and share a positive, make-it-happen attitude
- You love to create magical moments and opportunities for people to connect and be inspired
- You are able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, and are quick to pivot to meet changing needs
- You are a strong communicator, who is highly organized with a talent for spotting what needs to be done and doing it
- You have prior experience as an Office Manager, Executive Assistant, HR/Recruiting Coordinator; or you have prior experience in the hospitality industry as a Host, Server, Event Planner or Concierge
- You have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications (Gmail, Google Calendar)
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $75,000-$80,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
*Please be aware that our team will ONLY reach out from email addresses ending in @sevenrooms.com (for example, [email protected] or [email protected]) and we will not use text messages for any initial outreach or interest on your application. In addition, SevenRooms will never ask for any financial commitment from an applicant as part of the recruitment process, and the first step of any SevenRooms interview process will be an initial phone or video interview conducted by one of our in-house recruiters. If you suspect any suspicious activity related to your application, please reach out to: [email protected].*
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M