More insight with the new 'Wait Times Report'
Our new ‘Wait Times Report’ surfaces critical insights to help you better manage crowds.
- Quote Accuracy - Over-quoting wait times can cause guests to head for the exit. Under-quoting can lead to frustration. See you how you’re doing with the Quote Accuracy chart.
- Wait Time - When do you typically run a long wait? Is that impacted by your party size mix? Run a better waitlist with data-driven operations.
- Abandon Rate - When do people typically abandon the waitlist? Compare that with your Wait Time chart to get an interesting look into guest patience.
- Return Time - How long does it take for your guests to return to the host desk after pinging them? Is it worth alerting guests if the table isn’t fully set yet? Check it out by party size.
Duration Picker is live in production!
Would your guest like to stay for one hour or two? Let them decide with the new duration picker on the reservation widget.
Until now, the reservation widget would just assume the default duration for that party size. Now, you can designate how short or long a reservation can be booked for and the widget will allow customers to make their own choice!
But that’s not all. Not only can guests choose their duration, you can decide if you want to actually charge prepayments or cancellation fees based on the duration selected. For example, charging $20 per 30 minutes reserved ($40 for an hour) is now a snap.
Ready to give it a try? There’s two quick things that you need to do.
First, you’ll need to update your widget code to support this new feature. Specifically, add ?duration_picker=true. If you’re not sure how to add that, email support at email@example.com or contact your Customer Success Manager.
Next, you need to enable it on the applicable Access Rule:
Login > Navigate to Settings > Access Rules
‘User Manager Only’ Access Level
We introduced a brand new type of user. Designed for IT managers who need to manage access to SevenRooms, ‘User Manager Only’ users can add users, remove users, change access and more. But they won’t be able to access operational sections of SevenRooms such as the reservation book or guest profiles. Their view only contains only the User Management settings pages. In addition, these users can:
- Unlock users in-product: Groups that use a password lockout policy that locks no longer has to contact support to get users unlocked. Now, Superusers and User Managers Only have the ability to unlock users within the User Management page.
- User Management Exports: Now Superusers and User Manager Only users can export venue and venue group User Access Exports from within the product. The Group Export contains all users for which the user running the export is a Superuser or User Manager Only user, and shows detailed permission flags.
Want to check it out? Login > Navigate to Settings > User Accounts
Open reservations at a Set Time for Internal Booking
Want reservations on a shift to be available 30 days out but have the entire day of availability open at 10am? That's now a setting available in shift setup. It’s the last item in the properties section. This is what it looks like:
Enhancements to the Events Widget
- Automatically add reservation tags to Events Widget reservations and the guest List: Wish the host team could have an easy way of knowing if a reservation came in through an event? Well now you can. Select any tags you want to automatically attach to inventory booked through Events. Plus, you can also report on it.
- Display an on-site minimum field on Events Widget reservations inventory: Want to let customers know that there's a $500 on-site minimum for a specific event? Use the new ‘Minimum Spend’ field and watch as minimum displays on the widget inventory list, the summary page, and confirmation emails. The minimum will also display on reservations on the ipad in the minimum field and print on the chit.
A small but mighty improvement for Tripleseat users
Our integration with Tripleseat enables you to view event booking and table reservations side by side in SevenRooms. Now with this enhancement, tables (and reservation notes) can be changed in SevenRooms and will only update to the Tripleseat tables if there is as subsequent change to the table in Tripleseat itself. SevenRooms keeps track of the most recent change in either system.
Learn more about our integration with Tripleseat.
If you don’t have auto-updates turned on, it’s time to head to the app store and download the latest version of the SevenRooms app (4.2.1). This release features speed improvements and bug fixes but no new functionality.
Download the new app.