In the UK, the restaurant industry is undergoing a monumental shift — with rising rent, labour, and food costs contributing to a squeeze on operator margins. Restaurants on the High Street are adapting, bringing unique, differentiated offerings to the table to attract customers.
SevenRooms' recently released study, Creating Personalised Dining Experiences Through Technology, uncovers some of the key areas consumers want to see improved in the UK restaurant industry.
Key findings include:
- 53% of Brits would like the option to have a fully personalised menu when dining out
- 48% of Brits are willing to hand their data to restaurants in exchange for more personalised service
- 44% of customers say their biggest complaint is waiting too long to pay the bill
- The 3 most popular reservation channels are owned by restaurants
- 20% of customers would like card-less payment options like Apple Pay or Venmo
To learn more about how UK restaurants can gather and leverage guest data, download the study today.
SevenRooms commissioned YouGov PLC – a third party, professional research and consulting organization – to poll the views of 2,017 adults who agreed to take part. Fieldwork was undertaken online between 4–6 October, 2019. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).