Acceptable Use Policy
Updated May 18, 2023
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies to Client’s use of the Platform or Services (together “Services”) offered by SevenRooms Inc. (“SevenRooms”) or any of its affiliates. The prohibited conduct in this AUP is not exhaustive. Client is responsible for its authorized users’ compliance with this AUP. Upon discovery of a violation of this AUP, SevenRooms may suspend Client’s use of the Services. This AUP may be updated by SevenRooms from time to time upon reasonable notice, which may be provided via Client’s account, e-mail, or by posting an updated version of this AUP on the SevenRooms website.
The Client agrees not to use, allow or encourage any party to use the Services or Platform in the following prohibited ways.
- Misuse and Illegality. You agree not to use the Services in a manner that is illegal, fraudulent, sending spam or unsolicited communications or engaging in unwanted, inappropriate, objectionable, deceptive or abusive activities (including but not limited to content that SevenRooms considers (a) false or inaccurate; (b) hateful or encourages hatred or violence against individuals or groups; or (c) that could endanger public safety). You further agree not to send unsolicited or unwanted communications in bulk, send to email addresses and phone numbers that were obtained without consent, or use purchased or rented contact lists of individuals who have not affirmatively consented to communications.
- Interference. You agree not to use the Services in a manner that interferes with SevenRooms Inc. or its customer’s business activities or reputation. Moreover you will not use or access the Services to build or support, and/or assist a third party in building or supporting products or services competitive with SevenRooms’ Services. You agree to not violate the integrity of the Services, including attempting to bypass, exploit, defeat, modify, create derivatives, or disable limitations or restrictions placed on the Services. You will also agree not to use the Service to find security vulnerabilities to exploit the Services or attempting to bypass any security mechanism or filtering capabilities, including (1) any denial of service (DoS) attack on the Services or any other conduct that attempts to disrupt, disable, or overload the Services, (2) transmitting code, files, scripts, agents, or programs intended to do harm, including viruses or malware, or using automated means, such as bots, to gain access to or use the Services. You will not transmit any data or content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, worms or other harmful or malicious programs. Moreover, you will not use the Services to interfere with or negatively impact any aspect of the services or third-party or its networks linked to the Services. You also agree not to use the Services for reverse engineering, copying, disassembling, or decompiling the Services. You agree not to use the Services in an excessive manner, especially to mediate heavy usage that may affect the services of other customers on the network as a result of excessive usage, including but not limited to speed management or bandwidth allocation management and call barring.
- Jurisdiction and Subject Matter. You agree not to use the Services in a manner that violates laws, regulations, governmental orders, industry standards, or telecommunications providers’ requirements or guidance in any applicable jurisdiction. All messages should comply with the rules applicable to the country in which the message recipient lives. If you are sending messages in any way related to alcohol, firearms, gambling, tobacco, or other adult content, then more restrictions apply. Moreover, you agree not to use the Services to send the following:
- Anything that is illegal in the jurisdiction where the message recipient lives;
- Hate speech, harassment, exploitative, abusive, or any communications that originate from a hate group;
- Pornography or sexually explicit content;
- Escort services, mail-order bride or spouse finders, international marriage brokers, and other similar services;
- Statements about products claiming to prevent, treat, or cure health issues (e.g., illness or disease) that have not been approved by the applicable government authority or are not permitted under applicable law or regulation; and
- Advertising for prescription medication that cannot legally be sold over the counter.
- Consent. You agree to obtain proper consent per the law applicable to your use of the Services, including but not limited to, (i) consent prior to sending the first message, (ii) keeping record of consent (including timestamp of sign-up), (iii) ensuring consent use is specific and not blanket, (iv) clear unsubscribe/revocation of consent (opt-out particularly on first message) mechanism that is operational for at least thirty (30) days after the date the communication is sent, (v) reconfirm consent as required by law, (vi) respect recipient’s preferences for type and frequency of contact, (vii) if alternate consent is used then (1) ensuring the contact was initiated by the individual or (2) informational content (transactional) is sent to an individual based upon prior relationship (cannot promote product). Affirmative consent is not transferable to your affiliates or any other party. All revocations of consent must be honored within ten (10) days of the date the revocation is sent, or the timeframe required under applicable law, whichever is shorter. In addition to obtaining consent from every message recipient, you must ensure that no message recipient is younger than the legal age of consent based on where the recipient is located.
Violations of this AUP, including any prohibited content or communications, may be reported to SevenRooms. Client agrees to immediately report any violation of this AUP to SevenRooms and provide cooperation, as requested by SevenRooms, to investigate and/or remedy that violation. However, to protect the continued ability of all our customers to freely use messaging for legitimate purposes, we reserve the right to modify, suspend, or remove access to SevenRoom’s Services that we determine are not complying with the AUP, or who are not following the law in any applicable area or applicable communications industry guidelines or standards, in some instances with limited notice in the case of serious violations of this policy.