Blog / January 31, 2023
2022 Year in Review: Fearlessly Forward
To Our SevenRooms Family Around the World,
Through labor shortages, an energy crisis and the rockiest economic conditions in fifteen years, you pushed fearlessly forward in 2022. Inspired by your tenacity, we continued to develop solutions to meet your rapidly changing needs and those of your guests.
As we enter 2023, our focus remains 100% on you, the operator. We’re proud to be the open, connected platform you trust — the only one on the market that gives you full ownership of your guest data and helps you build meaningful, direct guest relationships. We believe this is the future of hospitality, and it’s an honor to partner with you in shaping it.
We’re so proud of everything we accomplished together in 2022. These are just a few of the moments and milestones that made it memorable:
- You utilized our platform to drive $236M USD in incremental revenue with prepaid upgrades, events and more.
- You captured over 28 million new email addresses last year: valuable guest acquisition that didn’t cost you a penny.
- Your venues earned a cumulative 97 Michelin stars and 17 venues ranked among The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and The World’s 50 Best Bars.
- Our Support team took care of you around the world and around the clock, proudly earning a 95.6% customer satisfaction score in the process.
- We surpassed 777,777,777 total covers completed through SevenRooms since our inception in 2011. (We love seeing all those 7’s. 😉)
- The number of venues using SevenRooms grew by over 50% for the second year in a row, continuing our rapid global expansion.
You remain in good company as our global community keeps expanding. These are among the exciting new partners who joined the SevenRooms family last year:
Just as we always have, we continued developing new products, features and integrations — while empowering you to make the most of them. This work included:
- Developing, beta testing and launching SevenRooms Email Marketing, a seamless way to send customized, targeted marketing emails and easily track their performance.
- Building out our Guest-Facing Language functionality, giving operators the chance to customize the guest experience in their native language to help reflect their brand every step of the way.
- Enhancing Guest Satisfaction by including Facebook recommendations and TheFork reviews, plus the ability to request public reviews from guests who leave positive feedback.
- Improving our Requests flow with enhancements that make it easier for operators to be alerted about, review and respond to incoming booking inquiries.
- Revamping our Email Center, Access Rules, Venue Settings and Widget Settings.
- Helping you capitalize on every table and each guest with our guide to Revenue Management — bringing strategies that have been employed in the airline and hotel industries for years to restaurant operators for the very first time.
- Doubling down on our product training and enablement initiatives to make you SevenRooms experts, including webinars, in-depth guides, Help Center articles and more.
- Remaining an open, connected platform, adding to a roster of more than 100 integrations to help supercharge your operations.
We celebrate your wins every day. Here are some of the sweetest success stories of 2022:
IGC Hospitality, a New York-based group of restaurants, bars and a hotel, saved $4M USD with direct, commission-free covers over 7 years with SevenRooms — all while building a unified guest database across 12 properties and growing.
Hilton Manchester Deansgate drove an additional £10,000 GBP of revenue per month in sky bar Cloud23 by utilizing prepaid reservation upgrades including Champagne, guaranteed window seats and even a hotel stay dubbed “A Night in the Clouds”.
Brotzeit, a German bier bar and restaurant with four Singapore locations, generated an additional $291K SGD of revenue with SevenRooms’ automated marketing emails, an incremental $3.27 SGD generated for every email sent.
TATE Dining Room, a two Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant in Hong Kong, leveraged SevenRooms’ new Email Marketing product to promote its 10th anniversary, driving nearly 300 guests to experience the special menu Chef Vicky Lau created for the occasion.
Mina Group, which operates 40 venues across 10 U.S. states as well as Dubai, tallied up nearly 3.2 million direct covers and captured ~288,000 email addresses over their first four years with SevenRooms.
As you grew, we grew, adding new team members and continuing to develop strategic partnerships to better serve you in 2023 and beyond:
- Our team grew by 74% to include almost 300 employees spanning 150 cities worldwide, increasing our connectivity with operators internationally.
- SevenRooms was recognized as one of the most extraordinary places to work in the U.S. by both Built In and Inc. Magazine, a testament to the strong team culture we continue to cultivate.
- In March 2022, we celebrated the launch of the Capital One Dining program, powered by SevenRooms, which gives cardholders exclusive access to curated experiences and reservations at sought-after restaurants across the U.S.
- We continued to collaborate with TheFork across Europe, the United Kingdom and Australia, and announced our official launch in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- José Andrés Group (f.k.a. ThinkFoodGroup) joined SevenRooms as an industry advisor, with the chef, restaurateur and humanitarian sharing his expert insights and leadership to help us better serve the hospitality industry.
Your partnership means the world to us, and we are excited to keep shaping the future of hospitality with you in 2023 and beyond. Thank you for your continued belief in our people, our product and our mission. We won’t let you down.
CEO & Co-Founder