Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring an Engineering Lead to help lead teams in our Operations Mission group. As an Engineering Lead at SevenRooms, you will lead an autonomous high performing team composed of fullstack, backend, frontend and QA engineers who are dedicated to building the technology to help restaurants operate more efficiently and profitably. You will be responsible for the delivery of features, building and growing the team as well as driving technical excellence in conjunction with our Engineering Core Values. As an Engineering Lead at SevenRooms, you will be intentional about building an inclusive and collaborative culture, and will mentor and support the career development of your team. You will report to our Chief Technology Officer.
The 7R Technology organization is committed to building products that help restaurants create magical experiences every day. We are a small, but rapidly growing team of engineers, scientists and builders who are on a mission to fundamentally transform the hospitality industry. Our engineers are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and shipping often: Ownership, Customer Obsession, Collaborate & Be Transparent, Measure & Monitor, Be Creative and finally Be Yourself.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, ReactJS, Redux, Django, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, Memcache, Cloud Tasks, Firebase, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, and more
What You’ll Do
- Management: Manage a team of software engineers and QA engineers/analysts (‘a squad’), including design and code review. Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value. Actively remove roadblocks for your team as needed. Motivate and focus your team to deliver high quality work. Keep your teams aligned & connected to the overall goals and direction of the company – ensure they know the “why” behind their development work
- Shipping Product & SDLC: Understand, measure and execute on our product delivery process. Create a strong engineering culture through code review standards, release planning. Identify and propose improvements to the current system architecture that emphasize reliability and scalability. Contribute code as necessary for overall squad success (20-40% of the time).
- Technical Expertise: Be an expert in a component-level and systems-level view of the SevenRooms architecture; assist in architecture review and analysis
- Product Focus: Be opinionated about building great products. Work hand-in-hand with our Product Managers and Designers to build creative solutions to our most challenging customer problems.
- Team Development & Growth: Work with leadership on resource and headcount planning. Partner closely with recruiting to interview, hire and onboard talent of all levels within your team. Mentor and support the career development engineers on your team. Partner with People Success and individual engineers on career progression and individual career development plans.
- Collaboration: Work with product and engineering teams to produce development plans and see through delivery and success. Facilitate collaboration with other engineers and product managers in solving exciting challenges across the platform
- Culture: Be a key partner in developing engineering culture. We are a customer-focused team who love to ship! We like to have fun in our daily work and celebrate the wins. Just like our restaurant customers, we are here to serve.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Accomplished programmer with strong coding skills
- Expertise with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Expertise with cloud-based systems design (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar)
- An individual with strong product and customer focus
- 1-3+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- An individual who takes ownership, insists on high standards, and is a team player
- Previous high-growth startup experience
- Python, React/Redux, Google Cloud experience
- Knowledge of both web and mobile platforms
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $175,000 – 215,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK