Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a Human Resources Director based in the United Kingdom to join our growing People Team. You will play a key role in People Operations and own a range of responsibilities including payroll processing, policy administration, and employee data management. As we grow and expand internationally, a core part of your role will be to own all touch points across the employee journey for our EMEA and APAC team members to ensure operational excellence in collaboration with our US based global People team. This role reports to the Chief People Officer.
What You’ll Do
- People Operations: Audit and reconcile monthly payroll reporting data with payroll providers to ensure timely and accurate completion. Coordinate with external auditors to complete quarterly and annual audits as needed. Collect, maintain and update Employee records including work locations, pay rates, time off requests, and status changes. Manage the administration of new hire onboarding, including new hire paperwork, background checks, HRIS processing and set up on various people systems. Act as subject matter expert for immigration topics in partnership with outside counsel
- Policy Administration: Develop and implement initiatives and procedures that help to further build a culture that fosters collaboration, efficiency, and employee satisfaction. Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations including health and safety, employment practices, immigration, and other applicable workplace guidelines
- Talent Acquisition: Support recruiting across roles based in EMEA and APAC; partner with the US based recruiting team to ensure sourcing and interview efficiency, provide support to hiring managers and interview panels, manage employee onboarding while ensuring a flawless candidate experience and operational excellence
- Strategy & Innovation: Support the development and continual improvement of people-focused processes and tools, drive data-based decisions that ensure a high-quality employee experience, and assess and address the developmental needs of leaders aimed at retaining, developing and motivating their teams.
Employee Experience: Facilitate, in partnership with the Talent Experience Team, a global engagement strategy that elevates the employee experience; informs and motivates employees and measures employee engagement in EMEA/APAC. Support the new hire onboarding experience. Manage local employee programs around connection, wellness, and diversity and inclusion efforts.
Who You Are
- You have experience working in multi-faceted roles focused on talent acquisition, talent management, people operations, and policy administration
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a consultative approach, excellent prioritisation, able to build rapport quickly with different stakeholders and communicate effectively within all levels of the organisation
- You have previously worked with Greenhouse (or similar ATS platform), Google Workspace, and robust HRIS platforms.
- You have proven experience accurately interpreting and applying applicable employment laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Familiarity using technology, including Google Workspace
- You're a team player who strives for collaboration across teams and contributing with a positive attitude
- You are passionate about creating meaningful and positive experiences for teams, and are a community-builder with a people-centric perspective
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: SevenRooms provides access to private medical coverage, life insurance, and income protection.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK