Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms is looking for a Junior iOS Engineer to own the development of new features, from conception, through design, development and release. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers, develop in our mobile and cloud technology stack via an agile software development process, and engineer real solutions that ship directly to our customers. If you are passionate about building something truly differentiated in a high-growth environment, SevenRooms might be a great fit for you.
The 7R Engineering team is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, hackers, and builders that are on a global mission to fundamentally transform hospitality forever. Engineers at SevenRooms won’t get lost building a tiny component or button – expect to work on exciting epics and features that create a lasting impact on our business and the bottom-line of thousands of hospitality operators around the globe. We're passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for the tech-enabled hospitality venues of the future. We're not just building a portfolio of point solutions – we're building an intelligent and deeply integrated platform that delights our users with it's design-first philosophy and best-in-class capabilities. To do this, we develop performant and highly available APIs, implement advanced algorithms, craft pixel-perfect interfaces, design architecture for observability, localize for a global audience, use data science to generate high-impact insights, scale our infrastructure, and much, much more. If there is an engineering challenge you’ve ever wanted to take on, chances are it exists here.
Our engineering culture values technical excellence, ownership, and customer obsession to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant areas of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
Our tech stack includes: Objective-C, Swift, Python, Reactjs, Redux,Typescript, Google Cloud, Kotlin, and more
What You’ll Do
- Work with fullstack, backend, product and customer success teams to design and develop new features in the mobile app
- Create new UI components and platform-specific experiences that make the SevenRooms app feel familiar for users across platforms
- Write, test and maintain high performing, quality code that meets business requirements
- Debug features, crashes, bug reports, and memory management concerns
- Responsible to help maintain code quality, organization, unit testing and UI automation
- Review code with teammates to ensure we’re all headed in the right direction
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Write documentation for new systems and processes related to development
- Communicate with team on how best to implement new features and shape the future of our product
- Engage actively with other developers to seek out new knowledge, methodologies and best practices
- Implement analytics tracking for new features to gather user feedback for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with product managers and technical leads to prioritize and achieve key milestones
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience shipping iOS applications
- Experience with Xcode, Objective-C, and Swift
- Experience using RESTful web services, and third-party API integrations
- Experience using GIT version control
- Experience with CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
- Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs
- Knowledge of UI automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment
- Knowledge of Apple's design principles and application interface guidelines
- Knowledge with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data, UIKit, Foundation
- You effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- You are a quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
- You work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $125,000 – $162,500. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK