Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
As the Sales Engineer, you will manage all technical aspects of the SevenRooms sales cycle, including delivering product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry & product expertise to help our prospects and clients succeed on the SevenRooms platform.
You must be both sales-focused and technically capable. You will have the insight to make the connection between a customer's specific business problems and SevenRooms' solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection, ability to partner with multiple technical and executive audiences. You will also have the technical skills to build demos, complete proof-of-concepts, and map RFI/RFP requirements to our solutions. This position will report into our Lead Sales Engineer.
The SevenRooms GTM Operations & Enablement team is the heartbeat of our revenue organization. We are a diverse, global team working to help our customer-facing teams to meet their business goals through data solutions and deep product knowledge. We are curious and solutions-driven group who work across the organization to move projects forward.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate a collaborative environment by partnering with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Product teams to support and close deals and support onboarding our clients to go live.
- Assist internal and client teams in both sales and post-live activities or needs.
- Manage post contract handoff to the implementation teams to ensure they are set up for success and have a smooth implementation.
- Engage with strategic customers who are looking for guidance on their digital technology stack. Understand their goals and their setup, and build project implementation plans to ensure success with SevenRooms.
- Provide how-to's and document walk-throughs of API and technical information to prospects and current customers, along with the ability to translate the needs of the customer back to Engineering and other team members.
- Lead discovery sessions to identify goals and workflows, and guide discussions about how SevenRooms products can help them achieve their goals.
- Create and own SOWs while collaborating with Sales, Product, Implementations, and Customer Success to define work, cost, and timelines.
- Partner with Product Managers on any required or requested enhancements.
- Build relationships with partners internally and externally.
- Work with Partnerships to identify and manage relationships with 3rd parties (POS, Payments, Online Ordering, and more).
- Lead RFI/RFPs documentation that highlight the SevenRooms product to prospective clients and partners.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience with Product Management, Sales Engineering, Technical Project Management, or similar fields.
- Experience breaking down and explaining complex information and technical concepts in a simple way
- Ability to debate respectfully, encourage collaboration, and lead agreement
- Passion to work with brands domestically and internationally
- A balance of sales passion and technical skills to foster excitement in the project planning process
- Experience supporting the Sales or Implementation cycles of SaaS solutions to GTM Operations, Engineering and Marketing functions
- Experience analyzing large sets of data to create recommendations and provide guidance
- Experience creating solutions architecture diagrams/visualizations
- Previous experience and knowledge on API
- Building, scaling, and continued successful implementation of new products and features
- Outstanding ability to thoughtfully explain problems and resolutions
- Passion for creating an excellent customer experience and an interest in advocating for clients
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You'll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your work that helps us transform the hospitality industry. We also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings including One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie's Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You'll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you're a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly goals that not only benefit our organization but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.'s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes' Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK