Open Position / February 27, 2023
Staff Software Engineer
Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to help lead complex engineering efforts across horizontal and vertical slices of the platform stack. This is a highly impactful individual contributor role that provides both hands-on and leadership opportunities in platform engineering; including but not limited to projects in service cost optimization, developer tooling and experience, large-scale technical debt, security initiatives, and scalability. You will report directly to our team’s VP, Platform Engineering.
SevenRooms was built with the mission of providing hospitality operators with the guest data & tools they need to create meaningful interactions and incredible experiences for their guests. Our Platform Engineering team is dedicated to supporting the SevenRooms business with engineering solutions that unlock leverage at scale for a growing global customer base. We are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and focused: See Many Things, Adopt Challenges, Be Opinionated, Measure First, Empower Teams and Invest in the Future.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, ReactJS, Redux, Django, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, Memcached, Cloud Tasks, Firebase, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, and more
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to both web application development and cloud operations
- Become an expert in a system-level view of the SevenRooms architecture
- Guide and execute on our cloud modernization initiatives. This role will heavily influence the architecture of our platform for years to come.
- Instrument and manage cloud networking components
- Help shape and define site reliability engineering within SevenRooms
- Own and implement major architectural changes alongside other engineers
- Be a role model and mentor to other senior engineers; assist in technical design reviews
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science and 5+ years experience building highly-scalable applications
- Direct experience with event-driven architectures and real-time platforms
- Hands-on experience designing and securing a multi-region, distributed cloud infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes + Istio or others)
- Familiarity with open-source infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Pulumi, Terraform)
- Knowledge of CIS benchmarks and cloud operations best practices
- Working knowledge of Python and expertise in several other modern languages (Typescript a plus)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience or similar cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Knowledgeable in observability and reliability for distributed cloud systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $200,000-$210,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC – Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M
Previous:Sales Development Representative