Research / March 17, 2021
Data & Dollars: Revealing the Impact of Third-Party Marketplaces
At a time when every penny of revenue is crucial, operators could save upwards of tens of thousands of dollars a month on third-party delivery commissions by turning on direct channels. And this is not even counting the opportunity costs from losing guest data and the marketing opportunities that go with it. But are consumers aware of the impact of third-party delivery platforms on restaurants? And how are they motivated to support their favorite restaurants throughout this time?
SevenRooms divulges these findings in its latest report, “Data & Dollars: Revealing the Impact of Third-Party Marketplaces.”
The report highlights key data including:
- Nearly a fifth (16%) of Americans believe that third-party platforms do more harm than good for restaurants
- Of Americans who say they’re motivated to order directly from a restaurant, 48% think it’s cheaper to order directly
- 37% of Americans motivated to order directly do so because they want to do all they can to directly support restaurants
- Nearly half (47%) of Americans want to see increased or additional aid for restaurants from the federal government
- More than 1 in 3 (36%) say they would be incentivized to order directly vs. from a third-party delivery platform if they were offered a personalized promotion for their meal (i.e. discount code or complimentary item)
Download the report to learn more about the benefits of direct online ordering solutions, the real impact of third-party platforms to restaurants and consumer motivations to help.