When COVID-19 hit the U.S. in March 2020, hospitality operators had to quickly adapt their businesses, implementing a new playbook overnight for navigating new revenue streams and ever-changing regulations, all with a continued focus on the health and safety of staff and guests. Now, as we enter a new era for hospitality, there are many opportunities ahead as operators embrace technology to help them stay flexible while providing exceptional experiences both on- and off-premise to guests.
SevenRooms’ recently released study, Restaurant Reckoning: Dynamic Diner Report, takes a deeper look at how the global pandemic has changed guest expectations for dining out and ordering in. This report aims to prepare operators to meet and exceed new guest expectations, leveraging four new diner personas to provide exceptional experiences to their guests.
Key Findings Include:
- More than 1 in 3 Americans say they are looking forward to dining out again over the next three months
- 23% of Americans said they will only order for pickup and/or delivery for the rest of 2020
- More than 1 in 4 Americans specified they will not feel comfortable dining out until there is a vaccine
- 42% of Americans interested in dining out are comfortable with outdoor seating
- 50% of diners are comfortable sharing their data with a restaurant to receive discounted offers or promotions