Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a Director, Account Management to manage and oversee a team of Account Managers who are dedicated to servicing our global Key Account clients. This role will provide ongoing support and reinforce a solid and trusting relationship between Key Account clients and SevenRooms. You will be expected to understand the customers market positioning as well as their future trends. Additionally, this person will be expected to understand and analyze the overall market conditions and recommend to the organization how to tie the market conditions to the customer needs and to SevenRooms’ Platform offerings. This role will report to the VP, Key Accounts and will actively contribute to the realization of revenue objectives together with SevenRooms Revenue teams’ and cross-functional departments.
The Key Accounts Management team at SevenRooms is on a mission to redefine and reshape the hospitality industry for Global Hospitality operators around the globe. Our Key Accounts Management team members are trusted advisors and expert relationship-builders, approaching every conversation with both our client and internal teams in a consultative manner to identify existing business gaps and thinking outside the box to present the perfect solution. We are disrupting the current landscape, opening the door for hospitality operators to the endless opportunities that come with owning guest relationships, reducing dependency on 3rd party networks, and streamlining operations. A group of go-getters, we are determined to share our operator-first and operator-only guest engagement solution, and to be a true and trusted partner to all hospitality businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Directly responsible for key accounts: engaging with Clients and SevenRooms teams as the lynchpin in developing strong, high-operating, relationships. Build a scalable and predictable global Key Accounts Management playbook with high operational rigor that addresses the global and regional needs of SevenRooms’ Key Account clients.
- Hire, manage and develop a local sales team of Account Managers, setting goals & metrics and driving results
- Partner cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product, Marketing and Engineering key stakeholders to achieve sales goals
- Actively plans and executes key account strategy: defining strategic approach on value proposition & solution as well as the internal and external positions of SevenRooms; partnering with our business units to deliver results. Implement a Tracking System to chart progress across business functions.
- Regularly conducts structured review sessions: aligning and updating Key Account’s strategy and priorities; adjusting our value proposition; offering continuous improvement and innovation.
- Competently connects virtual key account teams: ensuring true global customer representation, collaborating with related Key Account team members globally and exchanging best practices.
- Successfully controls monthly performance: monitoring profitability, pipeline creation, Net Revenue Retention, primary KPI’s, and ensuring immediate actions in case of deviations.
- Building strategic relationships with existing clients across all functional areas (i.e. Operations, Marketing, Strategy, etc.) at the executive level and establish a trusted adviser relationship
- Preparing for and leading regular business review discussions with client project lead and decision maker/executive teams with key takeaways and next steps
- Up to 25% travel as needed
Who You Are
- 5+ years of account management, business development, or other account management experience
- A proven track record of building and maintaining C-Suite level client relationships
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, and other program management tools
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Strong analytical and Data skills
- Commercially-minded and customer-obsessed
- Experience with strategic planning, product planning, organizational planning, and operational follow-through
- Hyper-collaborative partner that can lead through influence by building strong relationships and personal credibility across the organization; capable of managing communication flow across all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker that learns through discovery and isn’t afraid to fail fast, have their ideas challenged
- Adaptive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Data-driven with a bias towards taking action to improve key metrics
- Analytical thinker that relies on data-driven insights and can storytell through data
- Organized and methodical with an ability to manage multiple projects and drive clarity & accountability around goals, success criteria, workstreams, and timelines for themselves and others
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy and passion throughout the organization
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $165,000 – $180,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK