Open Position / July 7, 2021
SevenRooms is a guest experience platform that helps hospitality operators connect data across the guest journey. We enable operators to automatically drive revenue & profitability by leveraging data to build direct relationships, deliver exceptional experiences, and increase repeat business. Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager at SevenRooms, you will help scale our engineering organization for the next phase of growth. Our exceptional software engineers operate with smarts and speed – and as a manager, you guide the way. The SevenRooms platform is a rapidly evolving product with complex technical challenges that demands a world class team to deliver on. With this growth comes the need to evolve our operating structure and enhance our processes so that we can:
- Create a strong engineering culture that insists on high standards and shipping product
- Evolve our SDLC to make effective use of tooling and be more measurable and predictable
- Create a long-term home for engineers through a transparent and effective career framework
- Execute on high priority engineering projects
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of software engineers, including design and code review
- Drive high-priority technical projects and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Create strong engineering culture through code review standards, sprint and release planning, and SDLC design
- Be an expert in a component-level and systems-level view of the SevenRooms architecture; assist in architecture review and analysis
- Work closely with product management to deliver cross-functional success
- Assist engineering leadership in developing a career framework for long term growth
- Hire and enable talented engineers
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Expertise with cloud-based systems design (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar)
- 3-5+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- An individual who takes ownership, insists on high standards, and is a team player
- Previous high-growth startup experience
- Python, React/Redux, Google Cloud experience
- Knowledge of both web and mobile platforms
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptive (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK