Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a Product Designer with a specialized focus on guest and consumer experience who will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing a cohesive consumer experience across our different software solutions. Your work will be rooted in designing features that excite and delight diners as they reserve and book personalized experiences from venues leveraging the SevenRooms platform. You will be joining a 10 person product team and reporting to our Product Design Lead.
Guest Experience (or GX for short) squad– within the broader product team– is specifically focused on – you guessed it – the guest experience. The GX team builds next generation booking, ordering, and event reservation experiences for both consumers and restaurant operators. Leveraging all the power and customizability of the SevenRooms platform, this fun and ambitious team is looking for a curious, collaborative, customer-obsessed, and detail-oriented Product Designer looking to innovate in the most visible aspect of our product, dreaming up an entire user experience from end to end. Product Designers at SevenRooms operate in a shared team, working alongside tenured members of the team with varied skill sets.
What You’ll Do
- User Experience Design: Conceptualize and design end-to-end user flows which minimize friction and achieve goals for restaurant operators and diners alike, allowing user needs and pain points to inform innovative design solutions.
- UI and Visual Design: Design beautiful, modern, and functional high-fidelity interfaces that can hold their own alongside the best digital consumer products in the market and can be subtly customized to allow customer branding. Own a set of reusable design patterns specifically for SevenRooms’ consumer-facing products.
- UX Research and Usability Testing: Assist design and product management teams in discovery research to identify users’ needs, goals, and pain points; Conduct frequent usability tests on flows for constant iteration.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the product design team to review and hone your designs regularly as well as help others hone theirs. Collaborate with product management to align on outcomes, user needs, and visualize guest experience innovations.
Who You Are
- 1+ years of product design experience, B2C or B2B2C SaaS applications preferred; 4+ years of professional experience
- Experience designing successful consumer-facing product features, end-to-end
- Ability to translate user needs, goals, and pain points into highly functional designs
- A keen eye for visual detail, layout, hierarchy, typography, and animation
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- An open mind & flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS fundamentals, and can communicate with engineers to ensure designs are properly implemented.
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.‘s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes’ Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK